Easy, fudgy, healthy, and of course football-themed, these vegan chocolate peanut butter bites are the perfect Super Bowl dessert. They also make a super fun post game treat for kids!
These chocolate peanut butter bites only require a few ingredients and are the perfect (secretly) healthy dessert for a game day treat! Shaped like footballs and tasting like a Reese’s, everyone will be obsessed with these fudgy peanut butter filled bites.
P.S. This post may contain affiliate links. Read more about my affiliate policy here
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Minimal Ingredients – All you need to make these chocolate peanut butter bites is 6 ingredients.
Easy to Prep Ahead of Time – These treats keep great in the freezer, so you can prep them a day or two ahead.
Healthy & Delicious – Sweetened with maple syrup and packed with peanut butter and almond flour these superbowl desserts are filled with good-for-you ingredients.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED (WITH SUBSTITUTIONS)
To make these football themed treats you will need the following ingredients:
Peanut Butter – Peanut butter makes up the bulk of this recipe! I recommend using smooth, natural peanut butter. Avoid chunky peanut butter as it won’t look as much like a football. If you have a nut allergy, feel free to use sunflower butter.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup adds sweetness to these treats! You can sub agave or honey, if not vegan.
Coconut Oil – Melted coconut oil helps combine everything together.
Almond Flour – Almond flour turns the peanut butter mixture into a dough, keeping the treats safe to eat raw.
Chocolate Chips – Melted chocolate chips mixed with coconut oil creates the chocolate shell for these footballs.
White Chocolate Chips – White chocolate chips mixed with coconut oil create the football details. See below for my vegan white chocolate recommendations!
HOW TO MAKE FOOTBALL SHAPED CHOCOLATE BITES
Making these chocolate peanut butter bites is super easy, you just need to follow a few simple steps. For the full recipe and instructions see the recipe card.
Step One: Whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil in a medium to large sized bowl. Mix together until smooth.
Step Two: Add in the almond flour and mix together until you get a smooth, non-sticky consistency. Divide into 16 different sections. Roll each ball into a football shape – it should be pretty easy to mold, if not add a bit more almond flour. You can also print out a football shape and use it as a guide.
Step Three: Place the shapes on a piece of parchment paper and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
Step Four: Melt together the dark chocolate and coconut oil in one bowl. In a separate bowl, melt together the white chocolate and coconut oil.
Step Five: Using a fork dip the frozen dough into the dark chocolate and let the excess drip off. Set down on a piece of parchment and repeat the process until all the footballs have been covered. Freeze for another 10 minutes
Step Six: Transfer the white chocolate to a ziploc or pastry bag. Pipe the seams onto the chocolate football. Keep in the freezer until ready to enjoy!
STORAGE & REHEATING
It’s important to keep these chocolate peanut butter bites in the freezer, so they don’t melt. Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer as well.
Enjoy straight from the freezer!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are chocolate chips vegan?
Not all chocolate chips are vegan, but there are a lot of brands out there that are! Make sure to avoid brands with milk fat or whey protein.
One of my favorite brands is Enjoy Life.
What is the best peanut butter to use?
Any smooth peanut butter works! You can also cashew butter, sunflower butter, and/or almond butter.
Where can I get vegan white chocolate chips?
You can get vegan white chocolate chips at a variety of places! Pascha and Enjoy Life both have vegan white chocolate options. Sometimes you can also find the allergy friendly Nestle brand at Walmart, which also just so happens to be vegan!
Can I make these bites into other shapes?
Definitely! You can make them into any shapes you like. You can also roll them into balls and create a buckeye-style treat!
OTHER GAME DAY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
If you decide to try these out, let me know! I love seeing your recreations tagged on Instagram @nourishedwithnatalie.
Football Shaped Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ – 3 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tsp coconut oil
- Whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil until combined.
- Add in the almond flour and mix together until you get a smooth, non-sticky consistency. Add more maple syrup if needed, or more almond flour.
- Divide the dough into 16 different balls, then roll each ball into a football shape – it should be pretty easy to mold, if not add a bit more almond flour.
- Place the shapes on a piece of parchment paper and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and 1 tsp of coconut oil in one bowl. In a separate bowl, melt together the white chocolate and the other 1/2 tsp of coconut oil until combined.
- Using a fork dip the frozen dough into the dark chocolate and let the excess drip off. Set down on a piece of parchment and repeat the process until all the footballs have been covered. Freeze for another 10 minutes
- Transfer the white chocolate to a ziploc or pastry bag. Pipe the seams onto the chocolate football.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to enjoy!